“The performance of EPDM roofing has improved dramatically over the past 20 years, according to a study examining the warranty records of the industry’s largest rubber roofing manufacturers.”
- Cool Roofing & Energy Efficiency
- Design & Manufacturing
- Durability & Weathering
- Environmental Impact & Sustainability
- ERA Initiative
- Installation & Restoration
- Longevity & Long Term Performance
- Overview & Summary Articles
- Regulations, Codes & Standards
Longevity & Long Term Performance
A study that examined the warranty records of two major U.S. EPDM suppliers showed the cost of maintaining an EPDM roof over 10 years to be almost negligible.
Single-ply rubber sheets, based upon ethylene propylene diene terpolymers (EPDM), have steadily increased in usage for roof membranes over the past 20 years.